[jaws-uk] Re: AVG message

  • From: "Rashmi Shah" <RASHMI.SHAH.TAGGART@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:18:30 -0000

Hi there

what version of avg?

Once your definations out of date, you will not be supported and therefore, you will need to go on grisoft web and downlode the later version.

Go to
www.grisoft.com
and look at the top of the page, it tells you all
about this, and further down you will see links to download the latest
7.5.441 I think it was.... Here's the press release.

GRISOFT Extends User Product Support for AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1
Through February 18, 2007

Time extended to upgrade to AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.5 and other
updated AVG Internet Security products

Millburn, N.J. - January 9, 2007 - GRISOFT, the developer of AVG
security software, today announced the extension of user product support
for AVG Anti-Virus
Free Edition 7.1 through February 18, 2007. Product support for users of
version 7.1 had been scheduled to expire on January 15th. This change
will provide
additional time for users to upgrade to AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.5
or other AVG products. The Free Version 7.5 provides all the benefits of
the previous
version, but also offers better virus protection and improves
ease-of-use for users.

With version 7.5, users receive improved virus detection based on better
heuristics and NTFS data streams scanning, smaller update files and
improved user
interface. Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.5 is also Windows Vista-ready and
is available via Windows Security Center as a security solution. To
upgrade to free
version 7.5, users can visit visit:
http://free.grisoft.com.

"As we have millions of satisfied users who enjoy using our free
anti-virus software, we continue to offer the free version 7.1, which
has been updated
in our AVG 7.5 security product portfolio," said Larry Bridwell, vice
president of Global Security Strategies. "We've extended user support so
that they
can continue receiving daily computer threat updates as they transition
to our improved Anti-Virus Free Edition or take advantage of the
additional benefits
with our commercial AVG products that protect against a myriad of
computer threats."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>