[jaws-uk] AUDACITY, IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH JAWS?

  • From: "Kevin Morris" <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:07:25 +0000

Hi all,

Can anyone advise on whether Audacity (software for converting tape
into MP3/Ogg Vorbis) is easily useable by Jaws users. A sighted friend
tells me that it appears to be wholly dependent on the use of a mouse
but does anyone know any way around this?

The reason for my question? I have a cassette to PC converter (from
Ion) which utilises Itunes and Audacity to convert to MP3 etc. I'm
aware that Itunes is accessible but how about Audacity using Jaws?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin