[jaws-uk] ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW VERSION OF INTERNET 2 TUTORIAL

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:13:15 -0000

Dear List Members,

I am pleased to announce the total rewrite and updating of my
second Internet tutorial, entitled "Accessing the Internet from
the Keyboard" Volume 2, for those wishing to get into the more
exciting and challenging aspects of the Net. This tutorial has
now increased from around 36,000 to over 70,000 words and covers
both some older software and the most up-to-date versions of
other programs. All URLs and Websites quoted and used as
practical examples have been checked and any necessary
amendments
have been made to older references and several new solid,
step-by-step examples to work through have been provided. Large
new sections and sub-sections have been included, such as for
streaming audio with RealPlayer 10, the latest version of Skype
for Internet telephoning, MSN Messenger 6.2 for type chatting,
joining and using the ING Direct bank online and using its
Internet facilities, plus many new smaller sub- sections.
Several
practical examples of using Internet shopping sites have been
provided and a new section detailing the main HAL, JAWS and
Window- Eyes hot keys for use on the Net has been supplied for
several versions of each screenreader, including the most
up-to-date versions. There are also over 15 different Web-based
forms to complete with all kinds of different requirements and
more than two dozen Internet sites are featured and walked
through as practice examples.

I can supply the plain text tutorial by e-mail or on disk and
can
also provide copies of most of the software covered on CD.
Additionally, any holder of an older copy of this tutorial may
have a replacement for half price.

As the TOC is much too large to supply
here, would any interested
persons please view this on my Website given below. For more
details you may also e-mail me or phone me.

Best regards,
John Wilson