[jaws-uk] Re: 6.1 and MP3 Installation

  • From: "Matthew Horspool" <drjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:18:09 +0100

Hi,

The files are in
c:\program files\freedom scientific\jaws\6.10\training\enu\
However you will need a DAISY reader to listen to them properly.  Follow
these steps to open the files in FSReader:
1.  Press JAWSKey+J for the JAWS Window, or for the System Tray context
menu.
2.  Press ALT+H for Help (or H in System Tray).
3.  Choose Training.
4.  You get an FSReader Open Dialog appear pointing at the training
folder for JAWs 6.10.  You should find all the titles listed here.
5.  Once you have opened a title you should find yourself in a populated
tree view.  Press CTRL+P to start playing the audio, and use CTRL+S for
Stop.  If you wish to read the text of the DAISY book with JAWS, press
Tab and you should be on a read only edit box.  Here you can just use
JAWSKey+DownArrow.  Please note that the audio and text are synchronized
with each other!