[jala-dev] Jala-Version per App, not per Helma-Installation

  • From: Anton Pirker <helma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jala-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:43:11 +0100

Hi List!

I played around with Jala quite some time now and i just love it. (if it only had been around a year ago or so, it would have saved me tons of time!)

The only thing i do not like are the hard-coded paths in jala-lib.

If a js-file of Jala has some dependencies, it includes the depend code with the following line:
app.addRepository("modules/jala/lib/jcaptcha-all-1.0-RC3.jar");

So you have to have jala installed in the modules directory of the helma application. In my opinion it would be better if it would be possible to include it only for one application, not the whole helma installation.

So a Application would have following layout:

- myapp
   - code
      - Global, Root, ...
   - docs
   - lib
      - jala

To accomplish this it would be necessary to introduce a variable in app.properties (named jalaDir, set to "myappp/lib/java/")
So we could change the inclusion of code in Jala to
app.addRepository( app.properties.jalaDir + "lib/jcaptcha-all-1.0-RC3.jar");

What do you think about the idea?

cheers
Anton