[jala-dev] Announcing Jala 1.1

  • From: <tobias.schaefer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jala-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:20:25 +0100

Hello, again!

It's hardly one month past ORF.at's initial public release of Jala [1], and
here
already comes the next version. (Not to mention our bugfix interlude 1.0.1
which
probably might not caught everyone's attention...)

Please give a happy mouse click for Jala 1.1, now available for download and
for free at your favorite Internets!

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/jala/wiki/Download#LatestRelease1.1

Among the usual bug fixes and general improvements this uber-version brings to
you:

 * Manfred's DNS client for retrieving name server records
 * Very flexible renderers for date editors and collection-based calendars
 * Utilites for object diff'ing and patching
 * A nifty password generator

-- but most of all (and we're *really* proud of this one):

 * Robert's fantastic Jala unit test environment [2], introducing unit testing
   for Helma for the very first time!

Of course, we also provide you with a bunch of unit tests for many of the Jala
modules; and we're already working on the missing ones. (Well, as long as there
actually *is* a way to test each and every one of them.)

Finally, I'd like to hint you on the mailing list [3] we have set up so
unselfishly for communicating your burning questions and enthusiastic
contributions and for your convenience. Maybe you wanna subscribe in the
meantime, while you're preheating your modems...?

(Anyway, the Jala noise level on the Helma lists is going to decrease
plentifully in the next time, we promise.)

Thus, apologies for the distraction and thanks for listening.

Best regards,

Tobi Schäfer

--
[1] https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/jala/roadmap?show=all