[jala-dev] Re: AW: Further feedback on jala.Form

  • From: <tobias.schaefer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jala-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:31:02 +0200

Hi Robert

> i find it confusing to define the default getter/setter for
> components in the form object, where it's actually neither used nor
> needed (getValue/setValue is currently defined in jala.Form.Component
> where it imo belongs to). plus it adds quite some intransparency to a
> component's behaviour, as you'll have to keep the fallback in mind.

This is in fact a strong argument against my suggestion.

However, actually, you always have to keep a fallback in mind because there are
already invisible default setter and getter methods, ie. those used when a even
a  component hasn't the corresponding method defined.

Thus, I think it's justified to provide a hook to overwrite these hidden
default methods as well.