[j-say list] Two More Issues

  • From: "Harris Rosensweig" <Harris.Rosensweig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:54:19 -0400

Hello,

Thanks to all who responded on the last issues.  Just read them now and will be
trying with my client tomorrow.  Here are two more.

Again, running Vista Business and Office 2007 with JSay 6.  This one concerns
the My Words utility.  We've been creating contacts in Outlook's Contacts and
then doing Confirm that which brings up the My Words.txt and adds the
appropriate line.  We reboot the computer and I check the My Words.txt and see
that it has the correct syntax.  When we compose a new email and say Email Jake
Wilson in the To field it writes 'Email Jake Wilson' in the To field instead of
putting in the email address jwilson@xxxxxxxx  Any suggestions?  It seems that
just having the contact in Outlook is almost good enough as you can just say
Luke Wilson in the To field and the autocomplete picks it up quite nicely as
long as you've said that email address at least once.

The second issue concerns the Find from Top or Find from Here and using the
Spell utility to insert a word into the Find field.  When you bring up Find
from Top or Find from Here and say Spell, the Spell dialog often goes right to
the Taskbar and you have to switch to next Window to bring it up.  When you
spell out a word and say confirm that, the Spell box goes away and it also
sends the Find dialog away.  Any suggestions?

many thanks,

Harris