[iyonix-support] network-connection

  • From: Wlm <wlm4p@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: R-IyonixSupport <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:11:35 +0100

Ever since I connected my Mac to my Iyonix and the pc's in our house
the Iyonix has been losing the connection after a while.

A ctrl-break would be enough to kick the connection back to life,
but since I updated to OS 5.16 it stops booting when trying to contact
the DHCP-server for IntelPro/1000 interface.
Clicking 'escape' will continue the boot, but without network-connection.

I learned that disconnecting the Mac before starting the Iyonix gives a
proper boot with network-connection and after that I can reconnect the Mac.

It's a work-around that I can live with, but I would rather have a more
stable network-connection between The Iyonix and the rest.

What can I do to fix this, please?

--
Kind regards,
Willem Arends