[iyonix-support] Re: mp3 players for Iyonix

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:38:43 +0100

In article <4f7dfde736lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Williams
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4f7df33f4criscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Ashbery
>    <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I inadvertently dragged RISC OS filetype mp3s - don't do this as
> > the player will not recognise them. PC mp3s filetype - data
> > (&ffd) are recognised. The mp3 extension is important.

> I suspect that as long as the .mp3 extension is there, the player
> won't care what RISC OS filetype is allocated, as it won't be aware
> of it at all!

You are absolutely correct John - as far as mp3 players are concerned
RISC OS filetyping is irrelevant.

Incidentally if the extension is missing then this can be "set" by a
neat little program from Bernard Veasey called PCType. Simply dragging
a directory containing all mp3s over the iconbar icon automatically
adds an /MP3 extension. Very nice.

http://www.bapfish.org.uk

> I keep all my MP3s RISC OS filetyped /and/ with the .mp3 extension,
> and have never had any problems with players I've tried.

Regards

Richard