[iyonix-support] Re: millennium bug

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:05:28 +0200

In message <E72902DA-E919-40E2-8833-3F6CA7B77210@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Herman Reintjes <reintjeshhm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2010, at 6:58 PM, Martin Wuerthner wrote:

>> In message <F46FA77E-B2EE-412D-A498-83C96A57FAD4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>          Herman Reintjes <reintjeshhm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> This afternoon I did some stupid thing.
>>> I tried to repair the millennium bug in my Iyonix, but now the
>>> resolution is very low,
>>> internet does not work anymore and some more problems.
>>
>> That means that you introduced an error into your boot sequence, so
>> the boot sequence stops before it has completed and some important
>> things are not initialised, e.g., screen resolution and internet. So,
>> that means that nothing is broken, you just prevent the system from
>> starting up correctly. Once you remove the error from your boot
>> sequence everything will start working again.

> Thank you Martin, it gives me courage in solving the problem.
> I think you are right, but now, how to repair the bootsequence?

That depends on what kind of fix you installed. You mention a zip file
with a ReadMe and a !Boot directory. Where did you get that from? It
cannot be downloaded from the page mentioned in this thread.

Basically, the first thing to do is to undo the installation of this
fix that breaks your boot sequence. Then, we can discuss how to fix
the date problem properly.

Martin