[iyonix-support] Re: iPod

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:31:01 GMT

In message <45FE0AC0.8080308@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the nano is 4GB, so RISC OS won't touch it. The best I
> managed was to give her the ability to charge it through the Iyonix USB
> ports. You'd definitely be out of luck with a 30GB model. Sorry. You'd
> be in the same boat with any other music player of this size, however:
> the 2GB limit applies to all USB SCSI devices which need to be read by
> foreign systems (i.e. that use FAT format.) See the earlier thread on
> the topic of "2nd harddrive problems" for the gory details.
Hmm: missed the gory details. I have a secobd HD which I fitted after
last years Wakefield Show; so I didn't follow this thread.

> Linux may be your best option if you don't have access to a Windows PC.
> Linux is of course available for Iyonix, though I have not tried gnupod
> or gtkpod with it, as my sister's Iyonix does not have a Linux
> partition, and I myself don't have an iPod. I'd recommend the 2.6
> kernel, if you can get it: it has read write support for HFS+ volumes,
> which gives you a bit more flexibility (i.e. an alternative formatting
> option.)
I have wondered about Linux but have formed the opinion that
installing it on my Iyonix is complicated/convoluted.
Hi,
Thanks.
--
BW Chris F.
PS I don't understand 'vanilla'. Do I need to? (I'm assuming its not a

British Iyonix & RISC OS 5.12
If the buck stopped on the White House lawn, would it be shot?