[iyonix-support] Re: contemplating 5.18

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 21:19:49 +0100

In message <2efdc58b52.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4FA69C90.6050107@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Ay up
>>
>> have tried a soft load of 5.18 from 5.13 .
>>
>> Firstly should I have gone via 5.16 I wonder ?

> You should absolutely definitely be using at least 5.16, otherwise you
> will have date issues.

I would also update the hard disc image as well with the latest
HardDisk4 set up from the ROOL site.

> A few people are having a few issues with 5.18 because it fixed some
> bugs in the OS, but some software out there appears to rely on the
> old, incorrect behaviour.  Sorry, I can't remember what the issues
> were, nor what applications were affected.

EasyFontPro, DrawWorks XL, Postscript 3 drivers for example but all
fixed with updates available.

Doug
--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.19.