[iyonix-support] Re: Unauthorised run instructions at start up

  • From: MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:08:36 GMT

In message <ee59c1e250.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <ef6bc0e250.trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <261cbfe250.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Them pixies again :-)

> Run !Reporter and see what is happening in your boot sequence.

I will try to get my head around that. Google to the rescue I hope.

> Not really sure what you mean by suddenly taking itself to run
> Harddisc4 and John Rickman links.

I never seem sure how to express myself correctly in this media.
I meant that they were displayed on screen rather than the icon bar.
Messenger put it's icon on the icon bar.

> Nothing starts running unless you have configured it or used someone
> else's files to configure your machine unless the pixies came late at
> night and magically put something on your machine.

Yes that is my mystery! Don't see how it happened accidentally. And
three things at once.

--
Trevor Gibbs