[iyonix-support] Re: USB topography?

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:47:14 +0100

In message <4d55c97b4ea595877c4e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is my USB topography correct?

[snip]

> Looking at the fractions displayed in the top RH corner [in USBinfo
> display], (which are device number / physical port number) I notice
> that only physical port numbers 1, 2 and 3 are displayed by USBinfo,
> despite all 4 physical port numbers being occupied, and despite all
> plugged-in devices showing up on USBinfo. It shows nothing on physical
> port 4 (whichever that one is...)
>
> Of course, it might be a bug in USBinfo??
>
> Or is it a fault in my Iyonix?
Roger your understanding is wrong, the usb 1,2,3 are
not the physical ports, usb 1 has two physical ports usb, 2 has 2
Physical ports these are usb 1.1 ports, usb 3 is the usb 2
inplementation which can be using any of the ports on usb 1 and usb 2.
All these can have multiple Channels.

Look at the USB Status Full info window of UsbInfo to see a better
Scematic, double click the left hand "Eggs" which are the hubs.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK

Hemel Hempstead RISC OS User Group email info@xxxxxxxxx