[iyonix-support] USB port has a problem - help!

  • From: Simon Wilson <ksattic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:44:37 -0600

Hi,One of the USB ports on the back of my computer (the one closest to the edge
of the case) has a problem. When a device (either keyboard or mouse) is plugged
into it, the device is not detected/given power at boot. The device must be
unplugged and reinserted to allow the device to power up.I have not changed any
software or hardware at all, nor changed the ROM version (I am on 5.13 and have
been for a long time). The device fails to power on before anything in Tasks or
Predesk is run, I believe.What could have caused this, and how do I fix
it?Thanks,Simon
http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlmailtextlink