[iyonix-support] Re: USB - Name disc

  • From: "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:38:04 +0000 (GMT)

In article <1324635439.4ef4552fa2716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not near my sources of information, but I think the problem may be
> related to the existence of two entirely different locations that can
> hold "drive names".  One is a field in the Volume Boot Record; the other
> is an entry in the root directory with special flag settings.

That would be consistent with the fact that the Iyo can think it has a
name different from that on other machines.

But renaming on e.g. a Mac, the Iyo gets the name right.

I've not checked this is detail but we have lolts of diffrent machines
here.

Naming a disc does seem to be inconsistent. MacOS will do it easily. Ubuntu
seems to only allow it in a Format operation.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats