[iyonix-support] Sudden Poor Display on Iyonix

  • From: Gordon Housley <gordon.housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:56:25 +0100

Hi John,
Jack spoke to you on Saturday concerning the Display on my Iyonix
Riscos 5.11. To remind you It suddenly decided to only start up with a
resolution from the Tool Bar at the bottom of the screen given as 256
colours, Resolution as 640X480 and frame rate unknown. I have a 17
inch CTX monitor that works fine on my PC.
If I go to the Boot screen I get: Message from Screen setup; screen
setup may have gone wrong Click Continue to try to resume or Quit to
stop screen setup.
It takes 2 clicks on Continue to escape from this and I then get the
screen showing Monitor type Auto, Colours blank and resolution
unknown. Wierdly choosing any monitor definition from the list gives
resolution figures in the colour box but I can change this from the
menu. The best settings that I can achieve from the menus is using the
AKF91 with 256 colours and 1024X768.
Referring back to the Tool bar monitor settings this shows the colour
seting and the resolution with a frame rate of 70Hz, but I can't save
this getting "Can't save screen mode because resolution or colours
unknown."
I have done as you suggested and looked for Aemulor in predesk but it
doesn't appear to be there.

--
Gordon Housley