[iyonix-support] Re: Success (was No Internet now)

  • From: David W Mills <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:41:45 GMT

[snip]
>> for something called Access. So this a.m. I enabled Access and read it up (or
>> vice versa)
>>
>> It seems that I am running AUN protocols and TCP (or what ever it is).

[snip]

>Glad to hear its working now but just so as no one else things it may be the
>answer in the future to a similair problem enabling Access should have no
>effect on your internet connection! Why your system started working again I
>have no idea, but 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

I have an icon on the left that says Net and in  Configuration.Network I have

AUN, Access and Internet all enabled (green dot below)

I'm beginning to feel abit more confident about undderstanding the behaviour
of things so might have a go at turning things off to see what the result
is. Starting with Access then AUN.

It is this AUN thing that puzzles me...I've never seen it before...suspect I
turned it on when I first tried to get things going.

Where else is it possible to set the AUN Protocol? In INternet?

What I would like is a schematic diagram of a net work annotated with various
code that should be entered to open that part of the network also saying
where to enter it.

Whilst trying to sort the problem I noticed various Text files ...I did not
alter anything in these.

>Also
>
>> Gateway set same as DNS on al other machines (windows &mac)
>
>This will not always work! The gateway must be set to be the Routers IP
>address.

in the routing window I have also got  "Act as an IP router" ticked

What does this do? What is Route D?

[snip]