[iyonix-support] Re: Some Guidance Required Please

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:07:00 +0100

In article <4DB89A79.8080108@xxxxxxxxxx>, John Ballance
<jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi

> The other standard culprit tends to be the graphics card..

Ref: Intermittent freeze

Thanks John and Andrew for your replies.

I'm going to go for the graphic card principally because of some weird
problems that have occurred over the last few months........

1. Whenever the VGA card is reseated there is a loss of video drive
signal. Video is restored by reseating the card again.
2. Shimmering effect sometimes occurs whenever the machine is
re-booted. If re-powered after an hour video signal is restored to
normal.
3. Greys (Iconbar) sometimes appear as light pink when machine is
re-booted.

I've tended to ignore these as they haven't stopped me working but a
freeze creates a problem that has to be solved pretty quickly.

Regards

Richard