[iyonix-support] ShareFS problem

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:21:04 +0200

Dear all,

Having got no reply to my question on the news groups (a new experience!),
I'd like to repeat the question here:

My home network includes, amongst some PC's, an Iyonix and a VirtualAcorn
which runs on a Vista laptop. The latter two have a ShareFS connection as
well, which upgrades the Vista PC to a comfortable backup storage for my
loyal Iyonix.

However, since a few days, the ShareFS traffic has become one-directional.
That is, both computers only show the harddisk of the VirtualAcorn. I can
still transfer data across both computers, but this can only be controlled
from the Iyonix side.
What should I do to make VirtualAcorn recognise the Iyonix harddisk again?

The only thing that I remember having changed is a CMOS reset on the
Iyonix, a few days ago. Could ShareFS perhaps be dependent of a particular
CMOS setting?

Curious about your replies,
Paul Sprangers