[iyonix-support] Re: Serial port questions

  • From: Tank <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:56:28 GMT

In message <285872.22745.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gonzalo Meza <gonzalo_meza@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> 3) I would give a try to the serial blockdrivers, but I'm not able to
> find ANY doc about them (the SH manual in
> http://sudden.recoil.org/stronghelp/ seems corrupted) nor any
> meaningful examples.

> Is there someone who can help me? (I've built a home SCADA, the
> microcontroller side is finally working, the WIMP SCADA is well
> advanced and now I find out that I can't communicate!?!?)

> Thanks a lot!!!

If you have downloaded the blockdrivers from Xat, look in
!SerialDev.Help and the file doc.txt.
This shows the calls that you can use to access the serial port (just
over half way through the file).
The main reason that you would use the blockdrivers is then any other
hardware that has a blockdriver can be used without changes to your
program.
So for example I have a PCI serial card and an Atomwide serial card in
my Iyonix. So if I want to use the Atomwide card for a particular
reason, all I need to do is change the blockdriver loaded an away you
go.

HTH

Tank
--