[iyonix-support] Re: SDHC

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:12:35 +0100

On 6 Jun 2007 Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9d42ccee4e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Only cards up to and including 2GB can be used.

> Where does this limitation stem from?  I've just been experimenting
> a little with a couple of flash devices, FAT16 formatted, and I can
> read files from them using FileCore_SectorOp, which means I'm not
> limited to 2GB.

Its because foreign formats are handled as image filing systems, and
accessed via a file handle, therefor the are restricted to the
maximium file size of 2GB. DOSFS could be re-written to use SectorOps
of the underlying filing system to avoid this restriction, but hasn't.

Further details in the PRMs, follow ups to csa.apps.

Cheers
---Dave

David J. Ruck   Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301   Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx