[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 14:35:13 GMT

In message <1265197111.4b696037dd04e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quoting Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> The really infuriating thing is that sometimes after a lot of messing
>>> about the resolver will start to work. This sometimes happens after I
>>> have been using mail and web on my A9Home which is on the same
>>> network. It seems as if the router is caching information which it
>>> then makes available to the Iyonix. Unfortunately this is not
>>> consistently reproducible.
>>
>> Sounds like a PSU problem to me.
> [snip]>
>> n.b. DNS I think is a red herring, have you ever been able to talk to the
>> router but not the outside world?

> Why do you think that, Chris?  He can ping anything OK by IP
> address; the only thing he can't do is resolve.  I don't see
> how that can be caused by a PSU problem.  Surely that would
> affect all network communication?

I reported that I have a similar problem on 5.12 and 5.14 - resolver
doesn't start up cleanly IF (and only if) I start Messenger PRO and
Hermes from the boot sequence. rmreinit resolver fixes it. It
sometimes fixes itself after some minutes.

If I start MPro and Hermes after the boot has finished I never have
the problem.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire