[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:00:53 +0100

<4B6995EC.40606@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance  wrote:

> you will find the default gateway has also been hard coded .. use the
> internet setup configuration thingy (sorry) and make sure the default
> router field is empty, if you are using dhcp
> John

John

Thank you very much.

Not only does that cure the startup failure but now I can ping by
name!

I will comment out the non-local names in my hosts file, turn
everything off including the router, make a cup of tea, cross my
fingers and test everything again.

I hope to report soon that the resolver is now working.

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
RISC OS the platform that puts the arch into anarchic;-(