[iyonix-support] Re: Resolver not working

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:54:28 +0100

<Marcel-1.53-0203132113-06cpErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Evans  wrote:

> On Wed 03 Feb, rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Problem 1. NetSurf*
>> NetSurf does not work until I have pressed the recycle button 3 times.
>> It does not matter how long it has been running before I do this.
>> *This is not browser specific. The same thing applies to whichever
>> browser I run first.

> Presumably you also can't ping the router or communicate with any other
> device on the network whilst browsing is down?

Sorry I did not state that clearly enough. By recycle button, I meant
the icon with the curved chasing arrows on the NetSurf button bar, not
the Iyonix reset button!

> Points either to a very strange router action or the router is 'learning'
> domain addresses!

Yes it does - see note to John Ballance.

> What are the settings[1] in the A9home?

> [1] The settings you listed for the Iyonix

> How old is your router. (very early routers had no or fixed DNS settings)
Vigor 2600G - lots of bells and whistles

> Instead of using the router address have you tried entering your ISPs DNS
> into your Iyonix set up?
Yes

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
"if you are travelling the road of the majority, one thing you can be