[iyonix-support] Resolver not working

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:13:41 +0100

I think that Resolver is not working  on my Iyonix 5.16.

Web access not affected very much. Immediately after bootup NetSurf
has to be recycled three or four times before it will go and find
anything on the Web. This has been the case for about 2 years (I wrote
about it on this list 13 September 2008). I can live with it.

However, now Hermes is failing to resolve my smtp, news, and pop
addresses and times out with a "cannot resolve address message".

I have got round it for the moment by putting entries for the above
with their ip addresses into the Hosts file.

The A9Home and my wife's RISC PC work without any trouble It is just
the Iyo that is having a problem. All the machines are each plugged
into the same Vigor router.

Here are the inet variables for the Iyonix:-
*show inet$*
Inet$EtherDevice : EtherK
Inet$EtherIPAddr : 192.168.1.8
Inet$EtherIPMask : default
Inet$EtherType : ek0
Inet$HostName : Panther
Inet$IsGateway :
Inet$LocalAddr : 801a8c0
Inet$LocalAddr1 : c8156b01
Inet$LocalDomain : pants
Inet$MimeMappings : InetDBase:MimeMap
Inet$NTPServer : ntp.demon.co.uk
Inet$Path : ADFS::HardDisc5.$.!BOOT.Resources.!Internet.
Inet$ResolverDelay : 5
Inet$ResolverRetries : 3
Inet$Resolvers : 192.168.1.1
Inet$RouteDOptions :
Inet$Started : Yes
Inet$Startup : Choices:Internet.Startup
*

I hope someoone can suggest how to go about resolving this issue:-)

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
No sé nada, y no estoy incluso seguro de ése.