[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:34:06 +0100
On 27 Oct 2006, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In message <4d55c97b4e25d6887c4e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 27 Oct 2006, David J. Ruck wrote:
>>> On 27 Oct 2006 Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> Less of the childish tantrums please. You are using a non standard keyboard
>>> and there is no way any USB code can be tested with all the possible devices
>>> out there before release. Either you are willing to make constructive
>>> problem
>>> reports to help resolve this, or put a standard keyboard back on the
>>> machine.
>>
>> Sorry. I have gone through all this before when I got the machine.
>> Frustration strikes in when it happens all again.
>>
>> It IS a standard keyboard, if a standard keyboard is a 5 quid 104 key
>> keyboard with all the keys in the right places, in the right order,
>> and without being squashed up. I went out and bought it this affy.
>>
>> Other than that, I threw my original Iyonix keyboard away; it wasn't
>> working.
>>
>> But in any case, it seems to be the back outer USB socket that doesn't
>> work at boot-up (because whichever is plugged into that, keyboard OR
>> mouse) isn't seen at boot-up. But both DO work after the one in the
>> back outer USB socket is re-plugged.
>
> I remember back in 2002 when I just bought my Iyonix, I had one of the
> connectors not working and after opening the case and checking, one of
> both was not connected. Has this socket ever worked? if not (sure) it
> might be worth to check.

It worked before ROM 512.

It also works now after ROM 512, provided that the device is
re-plugged after boot-up.

But is this (back outer Usb socket) physical port number 4?
If so, then this does not show up in USBinfo (version 0.54).

This might have some great significance.
[Don't know what!]

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

What a scandal: The vandals stole the handles off all the candles