[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:27:38 +0100
On 27 Oct 2006, Roger Darlington wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2006, David J. Ruck wrote:
>> On 27 Oct 2006 Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> This whole USB farcical nonsence needs sorting out once and for all.
>>>
>>> I went through all this nonsence when I first got my Iyonix, and it
>>> was all sorted with RO 5.07 - 5.11. Now I find I'm having to go tho'
>>> this whole farcical nonsense again, this time without success!
>>> [Unless I now use a USB hub plus USBkick in my boot-up!].
>>>
>>> Its all enough to make me want to go back to 5.11.
>>>
>>> Let me know, Castle, when you've got it all sorted into a saleable
>>> product! As it is, it is unfit for purpose sold!
>>
>> Less of the childish tantrums please. You are using a non standard keyboard
>> and there is no way any USB code can be tested with all the possible devices
>> out there before release. Either you are willing to make constructive problem
>> reports to help resolve this, or put a standard keyboard back on the machine.

Oh, I forgot to report: That NOW that both keyboard AND mouse are
plugged into a hub which is then plugged into Back Inner USB socket,
it now boots up correctly, all working.

But - it DOESN'T boot-up correctly if that hub is instead plugged into
Back Outer USB socket.

[I realise that this USB topography must be a temporary stop-gap
solution, because I understand SHIFT-BOOT won't work properly with the
keyboard thro' a hub.]

See USB topography posting about the missing physical port number-4 as
reported in USBinfo [latest version 0.54]

That fact may have some pointers on this enigma.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

Have you heard 'Dry Dry Dry' by Wet Wet Wet?