[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:58:35 +0100
On 27 Oct 2006, David J. Ruck wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2006 Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> This whole USB farcical nonsence needs sorting out once and for all.
>>
>> I went through all this nonsence when I first got my Iyonix, and it
>> was all sorted with RO 5.07 - 5.11. Now I find I'm having to go tho'
>> this whole farcical nonsense again, this time without success!
>> [Unless I now use a USB hub plus USBkick in my boot-up!].
>>
>> Its all enough to make me want to go back to 5.11.
>>
>> Let me know, Castle, when you've got it all sorted into a saleable
>> product! As it is, it is unfit for purpose sold!
>
> Less of the childish tantrums please. You are using a non standard keyboard
> and there is no way any USB code can be tested with all the possible devices
> out there before release. Either you are willing to make constructive problem
> reports to help resolve this, or put a standard keyboard back on the machine.

Sorry. I have gone through all this before when I got the machine.
Frustration strikes in when it happens all again.

It IS a standard keyboard, if a standard keyboard is a 5 quid 104 key
keyboard with all the keys in the right places, in the right order,
and without being squashed up. I went out and bought it this affy.

Other than that, I threw my original Iyonix keyboard away; it wasn't
working.

But in any case, it seems to be the back outer USB socket that doesn't
work at boot-up (because whichever is plugged into that, keyboard OR
mouse) isn't seen at boot-up. But both DO work after the one in the
back outer USB socket is re-plugged.

So, does this still indicate a non-standard keyboard? After all, when
the keyboard is in the back inner socket, it IS seen (and works) at
boot-up (it's then the mouse that isn't seen at boot-up). So I cannot
see how the problem can be either the mouse alone, nor the keyboard
alone, but the problem seems to be the back outer USB socket. (?)

See my USB toography posting for semi-constructive criticism.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/