[iyonix-support] ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:14:55 +0100

I have just installed a (FULL) RO 5.12 ROM [without changing a=20
graphics board].

But the previous setup of Mouse/Keybord no longer works.

The previous set-up of mouse/keyboard is:

Logitech MX510 USB not-wireless Optical Mouse.

Plus

Wireless USB keyboard: Advent (which has a wireless mouse in which the=20
batteries are removed!).

I was thus successfully using the wireless keyboard with a=20
non-wireless mouse. [I was only using a wireless keyboard because I=20
could not find a decent numeric keyboard with all the keys in all the=20
right places that was just USB, non-wireless! : All the non-wireless=20
keyboards I could find are cheapo cheapo =A35quid efforts, or their keys =

are all squashed-up, or not in the right places, or with some vital=20
keys missing altogether !].

They were both pluged into the back Iyonix usb sockets, using 2=20
sockets.

This set-up used to work on RO 5.11.

It doesn't on RO 5.12.

The non-wireless USB mouse fails to light up (no power from the rear=20
USB socket !)

The Logitech Mouse WILL light up (in exactly the same USB socket) if I=20
un-plug the keyboard and re-boot. So, something must have changed in=20
RO 5.12 for this new behaviour to take effect [YES: I did previously=20
have USB2, so no change there either]). I conclude that some new code=20
switches off the power to the rear USB socket if something is not=20
quite right. Can this be so?

I have now had to revert to a totally wireless Advent combination:=20
wireless keyboard plus wireless mouse, since the better Logitech=20
non-cordless mouse will not now work with the wireless Advent=20
keyboard.

[If anyone can suggest where I can purchase a good (not cheapo cheapo=20
=A35quid) USB keyboard that has all the right number of keys all in the=20
correct places without being squashed up, please let me know].

--=20

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/