[iyonix-support] Re: RO 5.12 and alt-rename bug

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:51:30 +0100

On 18 Oct, John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4e77beee71john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If there is nothing in 5.12 other than the inclusion of USB2

> There is - clearly if your no-longer-available graphics card goes phut,
> you'll need 5.12 to be able to use one you can still get. The updated
> drivers are the other part of the package.

A specific requirement - and one obviously not required during the expected
life of the card.

> The announcement on csaa clearly said:

>         The ROM Upgrade includes (among other improvements) support for a
>         wide range of nVidia Graphics processors and USB2 is now available
>         in ROM.

> I assume the 'other improvements' are minor bug fixes, or they would have
> been specified.

I'm trying to avoid assumptions. Too many of those lead to confusion.

> But the important bit is:

>         the new ROM will form the basis for all further ROM upgrades.

Which is why I was asking about plans for such upgrades.

> The USB2 is/was just under 30 GBP, the new upgrade just under 70 GBP, so
> the extra premium for the graphics card drivers and the upgrade path is 40
> GBP (including VAT).

And is there a discount for those who have already purchased USB2?

> I did post the full announcement here in Message-ID:
> <4e759f9d72lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Google isn't finding that (here!) BTW.

--
        John