[iyonix-support] Re: RM comands

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:58:12 +0100

John Harrison, on 18 May, wrote:

> > > ... run Aemulor in the boot sequence,
>
> > ... prevent any 32bit application from accessing over 26MB of memory.
>
> Yes, but until recently I relied on two 26 bit utilities being there all
> the time.
>
> > ... the correct way is to change the file type of the application's !Run
> > to Obey26, then it it will be run under Aemulor
>
> > ... Aemulor should have been seen by the filer for this to work, so put
> > it in your Apps directory
>
> I've done that, but I get an error saying it can't find an App to run the
> filetype.

In the absence of Aemulor the filetypes can be set up - eg:-

rmensure aemulor 0.00 set File$Type_F7B Obey26
rmensure aemulor 0.00 set Alias$@RunType_F7B error 0 Aemulor needed:

rmensure aemulor 0.00 set File$Type_F7A Basic26
rmensure aemulor 0.00 set Alias$@RunType_F7A error 0 Aemulor needed:

If Aemulor is subsequently used it will grab the filetypes.

If Aemulor is later quit it leaves its filetype settings behind and
attempting to rum an Obey26 file will give an 'AemuExecute' error.

I have done the converse on the RiscPC such that any Obey26 files imported
from the Iyonix will run as normal Obey file.

--
David Pitt