[iyonix-support] Re: Programming RISC OS 5.16 - Please Read

  • From: cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:38:19 +0100

In article <4C4FE5FF.8090307@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is little warning with this !Restorexxx as it is designed to
> be easily launched even if you have no screen working

I can vouche for that! My KVM 4 port switch has developed a nasty
habit of generating spurious clicks when the mouse is moved fast. It
very helpfully double clicked the !Restore514 for me (I had moved it
into a different directory, but was going to do some housekeeping on
other files in it). I suddenly found myself reprogramming! Having sat
motionless while the process completed, I then reprogrammed once
again to 5.16 and then renamed the !restore514 so it would not run
even on a double click. In the event, no harm was done, but it was
very easily done!

--
Chris Johnson
visit http://www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support