[iyonix-support] Re: Program for handling pictures on Iyonix?

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:14:20 +0100

 Jochen Konietzko  <JochenKonietzko@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> last night I spent one more frustrating half hour or so with Photodesk.
> For some unknown reason it has been enormously unstable on my Iyonix
> through all versions of both program and OS - I have never been able
> to work for more than a few minutes before I do something darin like
> move a scroll bar I get an error message which means restarting the
> program or even rebooting the Iyonix.
> Luckily I am not an artist; all I need are editing capabilities like
> pasting part of one picture into another, removing red eyes from
> photos (or blemishes from photographed faces).

> Is there a program like that which runs well on RO5?

There are lots of useful graphic programs for RISC OS, but really only
one that will do what you describe. The others act globally on the
image colouring, shearing, rotating, cropping etc., or are useful for
managing sets of photos, thumbnailing, htmling, documenting.

You might be able to do the pasting using !Paint, Select version,
since this does support the clipboard, but I dont think it works on
the Iyonix and it wont let you feather edges.

I think it is worth trying to find out why Photodesk is not working
properly. It works well on my Iyonix. I have the Olympic version 3.06
with the patches applied.

john

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk