[iyonix-support] Re: Problem with memory stick under new USB2 module

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:01:21 +1300

In message <65ec1deb50.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I posted this to the RISC OS Open Forum [Bugs] a couple of days ago
> without any response so far, so apologies in advance for
> double-posting.
>
> I upgraded to the latest HardDisc4 version of USB2recently, with good
> results until I tried to open a 128MB Teradata memory stick, described
> under WindowsXP 'Properties' as a JMTek USBDrive 2.0 USB Device,
> formatted to FAT. It would mount (and dismount) but clicking on the
> drive icon produced an internal error at &FC2C18CC and killed the
> Filer, forcing a reboot. This memory stick works ok under WinXP and
> MacOS 10.4, and used to work under the old RISC OS USB2 module. 3
> successive retries all had the same result (can't confirm the abort
> address was the same as I only noted the last failure).
>
> Has anyone else had a similar problem?

You can take the fast USB out temporarily to verify that fact.
Alter the line in !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.SoftSCSI.SCSISoftUSB
RMEnsure RTSupport....
| RMEnsure RTSupport...
and reboot

It does sound like Fat32FS failing though.
There are steps to take sending details in the Fat32fs readme.

If you havent reformatted the stick or changed it in any way
inbetween times, Memory sticks and cards do seem to get into
problems that HD's dont, I guess if all else fails you could
try reformatting the stick.

HTH   Ron M.