[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:36:40 GMT

In message <4ec2e33c7blists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
          Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not a developer of your calibre, and I've no idea where to start on
> fixing problems in Firefox. I don't even have the equipment needed to
> compile it - as you've insisted in the past that I should buy another
> (Linux) machine in order to compile stuff. I can't see what's so wrong
> about using my Iyonix and Castle C compiler!
>
> By repeatedly refusing to offer help or explain why things do wrong, a
> large number of people are denied from using your otherwise useful Firefox2
> port. Would you rather a quick 'bodge' which lets people try it out? or
> just deny people the ability to use it, which kind of defeats the object of
> porting it in the first place if people subsequently can't use it anyway.

OFF LINE

Please Paul do not remove your article as it is the only thing that
helps folks. Do not be offended by this very sad man, in simple terms
he is is own worse enemy and has a very insecure nature.

As a person you are head and shoulders above him and we all appreciate
you and all you do for our RISC OS world that we so enjoy.

As my long departed mother would say "Don't give him another thought"
or "Don't waiste  your breath on him"

Cheers