[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Jeremy Brayshaw <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:06:05 GMT

In message <b05071c24e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <e0e5f6c14e.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Time gentleman please
>
> And that's meant to imply what?

To me, it implies people are fed up of the bickering and arguments and
want them to stop. A fair enough request, and one I'm happy to comply
with. What did you take it to mean?

>  I would much prefer that you take my
> comments seriously, rather than suggest they're just me getting angry.

What I understand from your posts is that you are concerned that
helping others use your software by writing a detailed set of
instructions to load/use it, is not helpful or constructive. Instead
of people using your software (or at least helping others to use it),
you want them to help iron out the wrinkles.

Is my understanding right? (If I'm wrong, please don't simply say
'read what I said' referring me to previous posts. Rather, it would be
helpful (to me, at least!) if you could expain again the situation as
you see it, and what you're asking of this group.)

If so, I suspect the readership of this group does not include any
people with the skills (and/or time) needed to sort out software
problems. I base this assumption on the fact that no-one has yet
volunteered (that I know of).

So, if that statement is correct, is there a way us non-programmers
can contribute to the project in a way that resolves these issues?

(I hope I've written this without any animosity at all, and would
appreciate a response in a similar vein.)

--
Jeremy Brayshaw