[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:31:29 -0800

In message <1421f5c14e.SoftInfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jeremy Brayshaw <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f149f2c14e.HzN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > [snip everything else]
> >
> > The last posting here from Peter Naulls replying to mind kind of forces
> > a reply, but as I promised to stop with this topic I will not reply.

I fear this is just an attempt to have the last word.

> A wise move. From my experience, you'll not gain anything - Peter has
> his own view of the world that no-one will shift. Much like many
> others here, sadly.

Ah great, we're now into personal insults, how predictable.  Throwing
those around with phrases like "world view" won't fix Firefox issues,
nor will it gloss over the very serious problems that RISC OS has.  If
you're going to reply, reply to some of the points I made, instead of
falling to the lowest common denominator of personal insults.

> The good news is that Paul's article remains in situ and will help may
> non-technical people to get FF working.

It's only good news if you ignore everything which I said about the
faults with it, and the approach.   In the long run, it'll make things
worse, and probably already has.

Meanwhile, I have many many years of experience with software
development, and have been right again and again when looking at these
kinds of issues. It's great that the armchair experts such as yourself
dismiss this out of hand.

If you'd like to take over Firefox support, then that can be arranged,
and I can go away for a while, and do something far more productive.
After all, you have experts such as Paul Vigay to guide you, you don't
need me and my "world view".   I look forward to you releasing the next
version.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@xxxxxxxxxx        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/