[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:12:51 +0000 (GMT)

In article <dcbff7be4e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are two points being made, Paul.  First, you've written a document
> that isn't connected to Firefox and isn't under the developers' control.
> If the Firefox situation changes, will you immediately update your guide?

I generally do update things pretty promptly - but that's besides the
point. If there was a definitive guide on Peter's site I wouldn't have
needed to write it in the first place.

I only wrote it (several months after release) because there were still
quite a few people who wanted to try out Firefox and were having problems.
I thought that by helping out, it would get more people using Firefox and
encouraging/helping Peter's porting project.

I didn't really expect the Spanish Inquisition! :-)

> The second is that Peter is suggesting that you (and others) help him
> *fix* the problem rather than simply advising end users how to bodge
> around the symptoms.

Well, I would if I knew what the problem was. Peter didn't really explain
what it was, other than saying there were known issues. He might know what
they are, but shouldn't assume the rest of us can fix them.

I may be fairly technically literate when it comes to RISC OS but I'm
certainly not in the same league as Peter and I wouldn't know the first
place to look to start solving Firefox issues! :-(

--
List replies: Email address IS genuine, include -nospam

Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. No is the answer!