[iyonix-support] Power button does nothing

  • From: Dan Ellis <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:47:03 +0000

I moved my Iyonix between rooms a couple of weeks ago and it's been poorly since.

To start with the fan was starting on the power supply, and the disk spun up, but it didn't boot. I reseated the graphics card and then it seemed to be OK. However, a couple of days later I came back to it and now the power button is doing nothing - the fan in the power supply isn't starting. I've another power supply but the fan doesn't start on that either.

There's a FAQ on the Iyonix website about the connection for the reset button, but nothing similar for the power button. I'm wondering if the wire has somehow come adrift from the button to the motherboard which switches on the power supply? (And I have tried toggling the rocker switch!)

thanks for any suggestions,

Dan.
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support