[iyonix-support] PinBoard / USB icon problems

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix support <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:34:08 +0100

I noticed that the icon representing USB storage icons stopped appearing,
even though the USB system was correctly identifying the devices.

After some head scratching, I remembered installing KeyUtils during the
week or so since I last used USB storage, so I removed it to a safe place,
and it cured the problem.

But that gave me another problem - the PinBoard fails.  The icons on the
desktop appear (but not the backdrop picture) then I got message
'Application may have gone wrong internal error, abort on data transfer',
and when I acknowledge it the desktop icons disappear again.

I've moved KeyUtils back into PreDesk and experimented a bit.  By renaming
the KeyUtils directory, I can make it execute before or after SoftSCSI.  If
it's before, I get no icons.  If it is after, I get no pinboard.

I can't see why there should be an interaction, but what is even more
puzzling, I can't see why removing KeyUtils altogether doesn't leave things
as they were before, ie icons and pinboard.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

John Harrison

--
John Harrison -  http://www.jaharrison.me.uk
Message sent from a British built Iyonix PC running RISC-OS 5