[iyonix-support] Re: Pendrive mismount bug

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:47:23 +0100

<50e4cc8955Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Torrens (lists) wrote:

> The bug is that Dismounting a pen-drive doesn't. Have to dismount twice.
> Not a new bug, has been mentioned before.

> It's a pain as I use a pen drive to transfer lots of files to and fro. If
> I forget the second dismount I get "Ambiguous disc name" which there seems
> to be no way past other than a complete reset?

I used to use an obey file on the pinboard as described elsewhere.
When I started using MoreDesk this was not so convenient so I defined
an alias during boot. *set alias$kick rmreinit scsifs

Then, from any screen, control-f12 and type kick.

However, since I started using FAT32FS, the problem does not occur.

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
Grace is almost the whole point of climbing.