[iyonix-support] Re: Pendrive mismount bug

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:15:25 +0000 (GMT)

In article <50e4cc8955Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Torrens (lists) <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The bug is that Dismounting a pen-drive doesn't. Have to dismount
> twice. Not a new bug, has been mentioned before.

> It's a pain as I use a pen drive to transfer lots of files to and
> fro. If I forget the second dismount I get "Ambiguous disc name"
> which there seems to be no way past other than a complete reset?

> But it's not been fixed in 5.16....

> Is it difficult - or was it forgotten?

All it needs is the command that, at the CLI, is

   RMReinit scsifs

for such devices (i.e. those using SCSI) so it probably could be
built-in easily enough.

I keep an Obey file with that command on my Pinboard, and just have to
remember to run it before (re-)inserting a USB flash drive so that I do
not have that problem.  Hopefully RISC OS 5.18 will have this issue
fixed; but perhaps a softloaded patch might become available in the
meantime (hint!) ?

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!