[iyonix-support] Re: Pen drive problems after upgrading

  • From: Jack Evans <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:11:06 +0100

In article <4ec7220a95Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4ec7024ea8jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jack Evans
> <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip] Two pen drives not recognised after 5.13 upgrade

> > Previously all was well but now neither show up on the iconbar even
> > after USBKick or from the front or back USB slots. Also I note that the
> > 'Convential SCSI' area of the Discs configuration window is greyed out.

> > Could this be related to the upgrading?

> Sounds as though you have a boot sequence error.

> Unless the SCSI modules have changed in 5.12/5.13 they are loaded from
> Predesk. The shaded 'Conventional SCSI' suggests they haven't loaded. I
> suspect these devices are recognised (*USBDevices) but the lack of SCSI
> modules means they don't show as discs.

Right on target, Ian.

Also in PreDesk I have ScrapClean and the !Run file of this throws up an
error which causes the machine to leave PreDesk at that point and move on
to the next stage of the boot process. And because PreDesk precedes
SoftSCSI alphabetically the latter doesn't get run.

Actually the fault in the ScrapClean !Run file is missing fullstops
needed to separate directory names and the files inside them. Insert
those and all is well.

Regards

Jack
--
Jack Evans                              Bristol UK
mailto:jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx