[iyonix-support] Re: Pen drive problems after upgrading

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:31:00 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ec7024ea8jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jack Evans
<jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip] Two pen drives not recognised after 5.13 upgrade

> Previously all was well but now neither show up on the iconbar even
> after USBKick or from the front or back USB slots. Also I note that the
> 'Convential SCSI' area of the Discs configuration window is greyed out.

> Could this be related to the upgrading?

Sounds as though you have a boot sequence error.

Unless the SCSI modules have changed in 5.12/5.13 they are loaded from
Predesk. The shaded 'Conventional SCSI' suggests they haven't loaded. I
suspect these devices are recognised (*USBDevices) but the lack of SCSI
modules means they don't show as discs.

HTH,
Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5