[iyonix-support] Re: Pen Drives

  • From: dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:13:19 +0000

Quoting Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Current quirks are:
>
> 0001    cannot handle SET PROTOCOL.
> 0002    has some Unicode strings swapped.
> 0004    mouse has Z-axis reversed
> 0008    string descriptors are broken.
> 0010    bad audio spec version number.
> 0020    device is bus powered, despite claim
> 0040    device claims audio class, but isn't
> 0080    spurious mouse button up events
> 0100    audio device has broken extension unit
> 0200    hub lies about power status
> 0400    don't adjust for fractional samples
> 0800    input is async despite claim of adaptive
> 1000    modem device breaks on cm over data
> 2000    printer has broken bidir mode

Unfortunately none of those appears applicable to a storage
device.  Two of their common quirks are:

1) The last block is inaccessible because they've quoted the
number of blocks instead of the number of the last block.

2) The last block can only be accessed as a single-block read,
not as the last block of a multi-block read.

There may well be more, I'm not that well into it.

Dave