[iyonix-support] Re: Pen Drives

  • From: Martin <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:15:55 +0000 (GMT)

On 07 Mar, in article <1204883455.47d10fff1e089@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> I'm not aware of any method for the Iyonix to handle quirky
> devices.  It would be useful, particularly if quirks could
> be added programmatically at boot time rather than by
> patching the kernel.  MassFS is partway there, in that its
> OtherDevs file provides a similar mechanism.

Is *Help USBQuirk any use?

I use at Boot time ...
    *USBQuirk A a17 7 ffff 200
so my Pentax Optio 550 camera works ok!

This was recommended to me by JB ages ago: I am not sure if there is any
documentation for it!

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader