[iyonix-support] Nixiyo freezing on boot up

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:14:23 +0100

Hi all RISC OS X-scalers,

Nixiyo, my X-scale RISC OS 5.13 computer, often freezes at some
time during boot-up. This can be anytime during pre-desktop
through to desktop. I know this has been discussed before, but
after searching the freelist archives I can't find quite the
answers to my queries. Nixiyo never falls over once he gets
through boot-up, in contrast to what some others reported.

The problem is becoming more frequent, but re-booting is nearly
always successful (occasionally I have to re-boot a second time).
When it happens nothing works and only a re-boot gets Nixiyo
going.

I know that some say the PSU is at fault. What is the price of
a new PSU? Is there a recommended make/model? Can a non-expert
fit it or do I take it to Castle or RISC OS dealer?

If Nixiyo's PSU is not at fault, what could cause it?

Cheers,
Dave Lane

--
RISC OS protesters say: ROMs not bombs!