[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 18:51:39 +0100

Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5052356269charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, charles
> <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <8616325250.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
> >    <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > How do those of us who were unable to go to Wakefield get hold of
> > > 5.14?
>
> > > I'm currently running 5.11 with USB 2.
>
> > it should be on the ROOL website.
>
> Anyone updating from 5.11 or earlier to 5.14 should make a note of
> unplugged modules before and after the update. The different ROM module
> order is likely to result in different modules unplugged. (*RmReinit
> modules that shouldn't be unplugged and *Unplug any that should).

I was caught out by Memphis's 'Disable RamFS' option which it turns out
Unplugs RamFS (ROM module 34 in 5.11). As EHCIdriver (USB2) is now in ROM,
this slot is occupied by ADFS which understandably caused a few issues on
attempting the softload.

Having unticked the above option within Memphis, it appears to be running
fine. We are currently down to one Iyonix having tracked an apparent
non-boot problem (before the new ROM releases) to one of the GeForce MX2
cards having apparently expired.
--
Andy Wingate